- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: trades
In a day spent dismantling their infield, the Pirates send second baseman Freddy Sanchez to the Giants for top pitching prospect Tim Alderson. Giant general manager Brian Sabean has never been afraid to make a move. If his team has … Continue reading
Outfielder Casey Stengel, along with second baseman Johnny Rawlings and pitcher Red Causey, are traded from the last-place Phillies to the second-place Giants for infielder Goldie Rapp and outfielders Lance Richbourg and Lee King. At one point, early in his … Continue reading
As part of his temper-tantrum because the taxpayers of Miami won’t build him a ballpark, Florida Marlins owner Wayne Huizinga trades pitcher Robb Nen to the Giants for pitchers Joe Fontenot, Mike Villano‚ and Mick Pageler.