- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: 1925 Giants
In our first two installments, we used a refinement of a Bill James method to evaluate the success of John McGraw as a general manager of the Giants during the periods 1902-1912 and 1913-18. Back in those days, and in … Continue reading
We see it happen all the time. A can’t-miss prospect finally makes it up to the bigs, and we anticipate great things, only to see him disappoint. Andy Marte, Brandon Wood, Justin Smoak, Jesus Montero. All were supposed to be … Continue reading
At Chicago‚ the Cubs beat the Giants‚ 6-2‚ behind Sheriff Blake. Taking the loss is Jack Scott‚ the first of ten straight losses the Cubs will hand him.