The Giants and the Brooklyn Robins split a doubleheader at the Polo Grounds. New York’s Ferdie Schupp takes the opener‚ 5-4‚ and ex-Giant Rube Marquard wins the second game for Brooklyn‚ 3-1. A highlight of the nitecap is a fight between Brooklyn outfielder Casey Stengel and Giant shortstop Art Fletcher.
- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey