- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: Marv Grissom
Last week, we looked at the most “lopsided” Giants teams where the difference between the team oWAR, that is, the portion of WAR generated by the offense, and the pWAR, that is, the portion of WAR generated by the pitchers, … Continue reading
The Cardinals send catcher Hobie Landrith, pitcher Bill Muffett, and third baseman Benny Valenzuela to the Giants for pitchers Marv Grissom and Ernie Broglio.
Ah, April. The first month of the season, the month of possibilities. In this most recent April, for example, Brandon Crawford has more than twice as many home runs as Josh Hamilton. Preseason favorites like the Blue Jays, Nationals, Dodgers … Continue reading