- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: awards
Last week, we looked at Giants pitchers of the past whose careers were truncated by injury. The point was to show that the current “rash” of pitcher injuries are nothing new, and that pitchers have always gotten hurt, and always … Continue reading
Gary Matthews outpolls eight others for the National League Rookie of the Year award. The Giant outfielder hit .300/.367/.444 in 148 games.
Giants slugger Willie McCovey is named National League Rookie of the Year. McCovey gets all 24 votes to make him the second Giant in a row to win the award unanimously.
Dusty Baker is named National League Manager of the Year for a record third time.
Dusty Baker is named National League Manager of the Year for a second time.