- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: 1954 Giants
Last week, we looked at the most “lopsided” Giants teams where the difference between the team oWAR, that is, the portion of WAR generated by the offense, and the pWAR, that is, the portion of WAR generated by the pitchers, … Continue reading
After Sunday’s thrilling come-from-behind victory, capped by Hunter Pence‘s walk-off RBI, the Giants finish the 2013 season 76-86, tied for third place in the National League West. There were times this season when the Giants were in last place in … Continue reading
Whitey Lockman of the Giants hits a pinch-hit grand slam to beat the Cincinnati Redlegs, 7-5. Don Mueller hits in his 21st straight game‚ duplicating Mays’s streak‚ which ended August 20th. Mueller will go hitless tomorrow.