- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: 1941 Giants
At the Polo Grounds, the score is 1-1 between the Giants and Braves when umpire Jocko Conlan calls time in the seventh inning. The crowd and the two teams then listen for 45 minutes to President Roosevelt’s live radio message … Continue reading
In Havana, Cuba, the Dodgers complete a three-game sweep of the visiting Giants, who were training in Miami. During the 1940 season, the Giants won 16 of the 22 games the teams played against each other.
The Giants sign catcher Gabby Hartnett‚ recently released by the Cubs as their player/manager.