- 1934 in a Box
- This Day in Giants History, February 27, 1962: Saran Wrap for Candlestick Park
- How Many Good Giants Were Good Prospects?
- This Day in Giants History, February 20, 1895: John Montgomery Ward Hates the Reserve Clause
- Training Above the Landis-Eastman Line
- The Greatest Giants Pitchers
- The Greatest Giants Hitters
- This Day in Giants History: December 3, 1960
Tags1919 Giants 2010 Giants Al Dark Andrew Freedman awards Barry Bonds Bill Terry business of baseball Candlestick Park Carl Hubbell Christy Mathewson defense defensive value Don Mueller Ellis Burks Fred Merkle Gaylord Perry hitting Jason Schmidt Jeff Kent John McGraw Juan Marichal Madison Bumgarner Matt Cain Matt Williams Mel Ott opponents Orlando Cepeda performance analysis pitchers Pitching Polo Grounds Randy Winn Ray Durham records Rich Aurilia Robby Thompson Rogers Hornsby Sal Maglie spring training Tim Lincecum Travis Jackson Will Clark Willie Mays Willie McCovey
Tag Archives: 1905 Giants
In his 1997 book, The Bill James Guide to Baseball Managers, Bill James created career All-Star teams for several prominent managers. The idea was to give a snapshot of the best seasons that the manager’s players had by position. For … Continue reading
At Philadelphia, in the first game of a World Series under a seven-game format, two Pennsylvanians square off. Bucknell’s Christy Mathewson outpitches 26-game-winner Eddie Plank (Gettysburg). The Giants beat the Philadelphia Athletics, 3-0. Matty allows four hits and walks none.
After Sunday’s thrilling come-from-behind victory, capped by Hunter Pence‘s walk-off RBI, the Giants finish the 2013 season 76-86, tied for third place in the National League West. There were times this season when the Giants were in last place in … Continue reading